Pro-abortion extremists did their best to continue Roe v. Wade’s legacy of preying upon the innocent after the case was overturned on Friday in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. In the days after the decision, radical abortion supporters vandalized and burned many pregnancy centers, churches, and religiously affiliated buildings. Here is a look at some of the carnage from the post-Roe weekend.
1. Virginia Catholic Church Vandalized: On June 26, St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Reston, Virginia, was tagged with graffiti, and an attempt was made to set it on fire. Among the graffiti was a declaration painted on the church’s sign, “This Won’t Stop.”
2. Statue of Blessed Virgin Defaced in New Orleans: Red paint was thrown over a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church in New Orleans. The statue was dedicated as a monument to the unborn children killed by abortion.
3. Statues Toppled and Stolen: At St. Anthony Catholic Church in Harlingen, Texas, a statue of the Blessed Virgin was toppled and statues of two angels were stolen over the weekend. Parishioner Elias Zamora said that he believed the statues were targeted because of the Dobbs decision.
4. Catholic Store Set Ablaze: The Sacco Company Catholic Store in Houston, Texas, was set on fire on June 25. The fire destroyed most of the building and the company’s inventory.
5. Historic West Virginia Catholic Church Burned: On June 26, St. Colman Catholic Church burned to the ground in Raleigh County, West Virginia. The church had been declared a historic site in 1984, having stood since it was completed in 1878.
6. California Pregnancy Center Vandalized: On June 25, the Tree of Life Pregnancy Center in Paso Robles, California, had its windows broken and symbols of the pro-abortion extremist group Jane’s Revenge spray painted on its walls. The vandals evidently took offense at the center’s practice of providing free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, maternity clothes, and baby garments to women in need.
7. Colorado Pregnancy Center Burned: Life Choices, a pregnancy center in Longmont, Colorado, was vandalized with pro-abortion slogans and set on fire on June 25.
8. Four Masked Men Smash Center Windows in Virginia: At 1:23 a.m. on June 25, four suspects smashed the windows of the Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center in Lynchburg, Virginia, and vandalized the building and sidewalk.
While Roe may be no more, its supporters are carrying on its effects by inflicting suffering on the innocent.
Notice to Readers: The American Spectator and Spectator World are marks used by independent publishing companies that are not affiliated in any way. If you are looking for The Spectator World please click on the following link: https://spectatorworld.com/.