I just spoke with New Hampshire Assistant General James Kennedy who is in charge of the so-called push poll call investigation. Mr. Kennedy says he “is in the process of identifying” victims and determining whether there has been a violation of NH law. He reiterates that push poll calling is “not in and of itself” a violation of state law but failure to identify the entity who is making the call is a violation. There is no time frame for completion of the investigation and he indicated that “it is not our concern” whether it is completed before the January 8 primary, but only to determine whether NH law has been violated. A violation is punishable by a $1000 fine or by misdemeanor or felony (with up to seven years imprisonment). So far they have spoken to only “a few” NH residents. Subpoenas have not yet been issued to any of the campaigns but Western Wats has been “contacted.” The individuals he has spoken to he says are “regular, everyday citizens” and include people identified by both the Romney and McCain campaigns. (These individuals complained to the respective campaigns and were in turn referred to the AG’s office.) NH citizens who have received such a call or who have information can call the NH AG hotline.