In its rush to slur conservatives prior to the Tax Day Tea Party rallies, the Obama administration’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued an “intelligence” assessment entitled Rightwing Extremism [RE]: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.
Here, despite DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano’s announcement to a German reporter that she would refrain from using the word “terrorism” and, instead, use the Orwellian (and sexist) term “man-caused disasters” to “demonstrate that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur,” the RE memo nevertheless tried to divine who was or could be “domestic right-wing terrorists.”
Despite the fact that the DHS has “no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence,” the RE memo specifically smears returning veterans and a host of other sovereign citizens who may hold conservative views; and generally smears conservatism by equating it with “Right-wing extremism” thusly:
Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.
Applying this general and the specific “assessments” of who may constitute a “Right-wing Extremist” and terrorist threat to our nation, to truly and fully protect the American people from domestic terrorism, the DHS must immediately release its list of Top Ten Most Wanted Potential Right-Wing Extremist/Terrorist List:
1. George Washington, a.k.a. “The Father of Our Country” (Person of Interest): Avowed revolutionary; decommissioned veteran; commander of militia and other armed forces; Second Amendment zealot and gun owner; alleged murderer and war criminal in the British and French Imperial War of Empire (North American Theater); racist.
2. Thomas Jefferson, a.k.a. “Red” (Person of Interest): Avowed revolutionary; anti-federal government indoctrinator, propagandist, pamphleteer and agitator; state and local rights extremist; Second Amendment zealot and gun owner; racist.
3. Elizabeth A. Seton, a.k.a. “Mother Seton,” a.k.a. “St. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton” (Person of Interest): Religious zealot; anti-reproductive rights extremist; indoctrinator; alleged martyr complex; leadership role in a foreign controlled cult.
4. Andrew Jackson, a.k.a. “Old Hickory” (Person of Interest): Decommissioned veteran; leader of militia; second amendment zealot; serial duelist; suspected murderer and alleged bigamist; racist.
5. Joseph, a.k.a., “Chief Joseph,” a.k.a. “Thunder Coming Up Over the Land From the Water,” a.k.a. “In-mut-too-yah-lat-lat” (Person of Interest): Commander of insurrectionary militia; gun owner; anti-federal government extremist; private property and local rights zealot; inhabitant of a heavily armed compound; suspected persecution complex.
6. Theodore Roosevelt, a.k.a. “Teddy,” a.k.a. “Teddy Bear” (Person of Interest): Decommissioned veteran; alleged fascist; former inhabitant of a heavily armed right-wing compound in the Dakotas; suspected racist.
7. Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, FRS, PC, PC (Canada) a.k.a., “Winnie,” a.k.a. “The P.M.” (Person of Interest): Presumed Divided Loyalties claims honorary U.S. and to being 50% American and 100% British; decommissioned veteran (British Army); creator and director of right-wing militia (Ireland); gun owner; right-wing propagandist, pamphleteer and agitator; racist; suspected alcoholic.
8. Fulton John Sheen, a.k.a. “Bishop Sheen” (Person of Interest): Religious zealot; anti-reproductive rights zealot; radical indoctrinator, propagandist and agitator; mid-level leadership figure in a foreign controlled cult.
9. Ronald Wilson Reagan, a.k.a. “Dutch”, a.k.a. “The Gipper” (Person of Interest): Decommissioned veteran; former commander in chief of militia units and other armed forces; religious and Second Amendment zealot; gun owner; anti-government, “states rights,” and anti-reproductive rights extremist; alleged murderer; suspected international war criminal; suspected racist; rumored architect and leader of the “Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy” (VRWC).
10. George W. Bush, a.k.a. “W” (Person of Interest): See 9, above.
In the 1970s, an icon of many in the current administration thought he was under surveillance by the federal government for his political beliefs and activities. His friends told him he was paranoid. Yet the icon continued to hear a clicking noise during his phone conversations; and to see oddly dressed men apparently tailing him in public. Still, no one believed him and, as the icon later admitted, even he began to question his sanity.
But he wasn’t insane; and, presently, portions of the icon’s FBI file remain unavailable or heavily censored by the government.
Doubtless, Obama administration officials in the DHS and elsewhere joined the rightful hue and cry against the Nixon administration’s persecution of the icon, whom they believed to be a political enemy. Inexcusably, however, these same Obama administration officials have forgotten the lessons of the past; and are now using the power of the state to silence dissent and chill free speech.
One is compelled to question if, in its paranoia, the current occupants of our federal government’s Executive Branch intend to restore to a list of potential domestic extremists and threats the name of John Winston Ono Lennon?
“Strange days, indeed….”