But of course.
Over there in the Washington Post, lefty columnist Greg Sargent is pushing the idea of perpetual voter fraud.
He doesn’t say it that way, of course. His headline was this:
The Trump threat may soon get worse. Here’s the under-the-radar reason for it.
The Trump threat? What is that?
Sargent cited potential Democratic losses of governorships in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan in the 2022 election. His concern? That “GOP governors in those states will be able to dramatically ramp up the anti-democratic tactics.”
“Anti-democratic tactics”? What does that mean? Sargent says this, bold print for emphasis:
Most obviously, that will mean ramped up voter suppression and other anti-majoritarian tactics. Indeed, as the Times notes, GOP lawmakers and candidates for governor in these places are pushing more such proposals, making these Democratic governors bulwarks against more deeply entrenched minority rule.
But perhaps more important is what this means for future election subversion. In these states, Republicans are pushing various efforts to “audit” or “recount” the 2020 voting, which should be seen as dry runs for manufacturing pretexts for subverting future outcomes.
See how the game is played here? And Sargent is far from alone in playing it. In the world of the American Left and their media allies, auditing an election and supporting election integrity equals “voter suppression” and “subverting future outcomes.”
It takes no imagination to see this as a move by the Left to use voter fraud to win elections. As they have, in fact, done repeatedly.
Let me recount — again — but a handful of reasons why the Republicans in my own state of Pennsylvania have every reason to audit the 2020 vote, not to mention be concerned for election integrity in 2022 and 2024.
In the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, and 2008 elections, not to mention back there in the dinosaur age of 1994, there were repeated examples of voter fraud in Pennsylvania. All seriously documented. Here’s a list of specifics.
* In 2020, a former Democratic Judge of Elections in Philadelphia, Domenick J. DeMuro, was convicted in federal court for his role in “accepting bribes to cast fraudulent ballots and certifying false voting results during the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections in Philadelphia,” according to the U.S. Attorney for Eastern Pennsylvania. Here is the press release from the Department of Justice.
* Two months later, in July, the same U.S. Attorney announced that former U.S. Congressman Michael “Ozzie” Myers, a Philadelphia Democrat, was indicted on “multiple counts, including conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for specific Democratic candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 Pennsylvania primary elections, bribery of an election official, falsification of records, voting more than once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice.” The bribery charge, by the way, was about Myers paying the election judge DeMuro to rig voting machines. Here is the press release from the Department of Justice.
* In 2012, the Philadelphia Inquirer headlined this a few days after the Obama-Romney election.
In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes
It’s one thing for a Democratic presidential candidate to dominate a Democratic city like Philadelphia, but check out this head-spinning figure: In 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch.
Which is to say, this is a statistical impossibility without voter fraud.
* In 2008 there was this in October in the middle of the Obama-McCain contest. I covered a press conference at the Pennsylvania State Capitol held by a retired Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice, the Dauphin County (Harrisburg) District Attorney, and the then-Pennsylvania Republican State Chairman, who said.
“Between March 23rd and October 1st, various groups, including ACORN, submitted over 252,595 registrations to the Philadelphia County Election Board” with 57,435 rejected for faulty information. “Most of these registrations were submitted by ACORN, and rejected due to fake social security numbers, incorrect dates of birth, clearly fraudulent signatures, addresses that do not exist, and duplicate registrations. In one case, a man was registered to vote more than 15 times since the Primary election.”
“Voter fraud is no longer just a Philadelphia problem,” said State GOP Chairman Rob Gleason, as “ACORN was targeting key counties across the state.”
* Then there was this jewel of a voter fraud story from a 1994 special election for a Philadelphia seat in the Pennsylvania State Senate. The New York Times reported this, bold print supplied:
Saying Philadelphia’s election system had collapsed under “a massive scheme” by Democrats to steal a State Senate election in November, a Federal judge today took the rare step of invalidating the vote and ordered the seat filled by the Republican candidate.…
Judge Newcomer ruled that the Democratic campaign of William G. Stinson had stolen the election from Bruce S. Marks in North Philadelphia’s Second Senatorial District through an elaborate fraud in which hundreds of residents were encouraged to vote by absentee ballot even though they had no legal reason — like a physical disability or a scheduled trip outside the city — to do so.
In other words? In Pennsylvania, voter fraud — which is genuine voter suppression — is as common as winter snow in Erie.
And where is the recognition of this from the Washington Post and its columnist Mr. Sargent? Or, for that matter, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC? Nowhere to be found. You won’t see a single reference to this sordid and repeated voter fraud in Pennsylvania by Sargent or thePost or anyone on the Left. In other words, move along, nothing to see here, Donald Trump is the problem.
The hard fact of the matter here is that under the guise of fighting voter suppression Democrats and their media allies are really the ones supporting voter suppression with their opposition to vote audits and election integrity laws. As those Pennsylvania elections of 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2008, and 1994, not to mention those two indictments in 2020, illustrate vividly, voter fraud is a regular feature with Democrats in Pennsylvania elections.
The real question now is how to stop it. And the Post’s Greg Sargent’s fears actually illustrates the answer exactly: elect Republican governors to go along with a Republican legislature. The fact is that it is Democrats and their media allies — not Donald Trump or Republicans — who are opposed to the integrity of elections. And as the record in Pennsylvania repeatedly demonstrates, voter fraud is all too real.
It’s time — way past time — to put a stop to this anti-democratic election subversion and demand serious reform to bring about real election integrity.
Beginning with that Pennsylvania audit.