Remember that iconic “Texts from Hillary” Associated Press photo, where Hillary Clinton is seen scrolling through her Blackberry on a military transport to Libya? I hope it’s burned in your mind, because as of this morning, the photo, which was Hillary Clinton’s Twitter avatar, has been removed.
After getting some heat for her Twitter avatar featuring the iconic photo of her staring at her Blackberry while heading to Libya, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has finally changed it.
While some were critical of her for keeping it after the email scandal surrounding her, Clinton didn’t say she was changing the avatar because of that, but instead, to draw attention to International Women’s Day.
Her new avatar is a reference to the #NotThere campaign, which challenges women on social media to replace their platform avatars with the generic avatar given to Facebook users who select “female” as their gender, before they load their first profile photo. The “#NotThere” hashtag is supposed to remind people that we are “not there” yet in terms of womens’ equality, because women still make less than men or some such first world nonsense. Frankly, the whole thing is very gender specific, so I’m sure there’ll be a weeklong backlash from Internet feminists forthcoming. But suffice it to say, Hillary Clinton is very conveniently participating.
There’s good reason to speculate about the image’s removal. After all, according to Benghazi investigator Rep. Trey Gowdy, the texts and emails she’s clearly sending, reading or responding to in the picture aren’t part of the “comprehensive” collection of emails that Hillary Staff turned over to the State Department in December.
The chairman of the House Benghazi Committee said “there are huge gaps” in the Hillary Clinton emails turned over to his committee investigating the deadly attack that killed four Americans on Sept. 11, 2012.
For instance, there were no emails on Oct. 8, 2011, the day the iconic picture of the Secretary of State clad in sunglasses and bracing her Blackberry on a plane to Libya. In fact there were no emails from that entire trip.
“We don’t have all of them,” said Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), whose committee unearthed the existence of Clinton’s exclusive personal accounts.
It’s hard to believe that then-Secretary Clinton sent absolutely no emails or electronic communications on October 8, particularly given that the trip was part of a “fact-finding” endeavor designed to give the Secretary a clearer picture of what happened the night Ambassador Stevens was killed (if you recall, they were still, at the time, reeling from discovery that the attack on our outpost was not motivated by a poorly-made YouTube video). Unless she was spending a lot of time on the phone, or took care of no official business that day – as suspect as sending no communication at all – there should be, at least, some record of her Libyan adventure.
So far, Hillary’s been silent, even at a banquet celebrating, of all things, press freedom. That may not last too much longer.
Notice to Readers: The American Spectator and Spectator World are marks used by independent publishing companies that are not affiliated in any way. If you are looking for The Spectator World please click on the following link: https://thespectator.com/world.