The TV and newspapers are filled with nostalgia sayings of goodbye to the Obamas. The ever witty Barry. The stunningly beautiful Michelle. Yes, she talks like a Valley Girl but if you don’t think she’s drop dead gorgeous, you’re a racist pig. The sacred children, whom Mr. Obama really does seem to have treated like gold. I’ll miss them all and feel sad about their glories, which are too many to mention.
But here are a few spectacularly wonderful items about them I will not miss:
• Obama or his aides calling Benjamin Netanyahu, the bravest national leader since Caesar, wounded in battle at least five times, fighting hand to hand with terrorists, our cuddly Barry Obama calling him “a chickens–t coward” and never apologizing.
• Totally betraying Israel at the UN while kissing the ass of the worst terrorists in the world, the Iranians, and sucking up to our good neighbors, Los Cubanos.
• Despite being the first admittedly partly black President (there might have been others whose ancestry we don’t know about), despite confronting a total meltdown in black America caused largely by absent and irresponsible fathers, saying barely a word of encouragement to young black men to live up to their responsibilities as fathers and stay with their babies and the women they have knocked up. His refusal to confront this issue was as big a missed opportunity as there has ever been in the White House.
• His repeatedly siding with the law breakers and attempted cop killers instead of the cops. That sends the worst possible message and shows he’s either stupid or deadly afraid — neither one a charm in a President.
• His sneering contempt for the Constitution he is sworn to uphold by attempting to make laws through executive actions rather than through Congressional action, as the founding document requires.
• His “après moi le déluge” spitting upon the Americans to whom he bequeaths a 20 trillion-dollar deficit — a surefire time bomb for national bankruptcy.
Well… there are too many others to go through them all so late at night. I’m sure we’ll get around to them soon.
Goodbye, Mr. Obama. I live in Rancho Mirage, too. If they don’t close down all of the roads here for your majesty, maybe I’ll see you at Pacifica, a fine seafood restaurant in Palm Desert. You’ll love it. It’s where the cool kids watch football. I’ll bet you’ll learn to skateboard, too.