Beating Cynthia - The American Spectator | USA News and Politics
Beating Cynthia

Blogger Will “Dignan” Hinton lives in Georgia’s 4th congressional district, and is fed up with being represented by Cynthia McKinney:

Cynthia McKinney is not unfit for her job because she is liberal. There are plenty of liberal Democrats in this country who serve their constituents well, even though I often disagree with their positions.

Cynthia McKinney is unfit for her job because she is a do-nothing demogogue whose apparent goal in life is self-promotion through race-baiting and conspiracy theories.

So I am throwing down the gauntlet.

Unless a better candidate appears, I will run for Congress against Cynthia. If I have to spend every day after work knocking on doors in my district for the next 20 years, I will do what it takes to defeat her. If I have to places calls to every person in this country asking for donations to the campaign, I will do it.

Of course I would rather not have to do it myself. I will happily support any candidate who stands a better chance than I. I don’t really care if they are Democrat, Socialist, Green Party, or Communist. It is absolutely impossible to be worse than Cynthia. Heck, I’d even take Rev. Sharpton over Cynthia any day. At least he has a sense of humor.

Hinton’s cri de couer has gotten enough attention that he’s going forward with efforts to run as an Independent. His fundraising plea notes that “should a strong candidate enter the race that I feel has a good chance of defeating McKinney, I will refund your donation and request that you support the new candidate instead.”

I’m surprised that Hinton hasn’t thought to direct his anyone-but-Cynthia efforts toward supporting Hank Johnson, the DeKalb County Commissioner who is challenging McKinney in the Democratic primary. I know very little about Johnson, but I do know that the Democratic primary is the place to go after McKinney; Georgia’s 4th is overwhelmingly Democratic (72% for Kerry). With wide financial support, Denise Majette beat McKinney 58-42 in the 2002 primary; when Majette decided she didn’t like the House of Representatives enough to stick around for another term, McKinney won the 2004 primary with only 51%. The other 49% was divided several ways in ’04, but this year Johnson seems to be the only Democrat other than McKinney in the race.

Sign up to receive our latest updates! Register

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: The American Spectator, 122 S Royal Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Be a Free Market Loving Patriot. Subscribe Today!