A few notes on Iran and its pal, Mr. Obama.…
1. Does anyone think that the Iranian deal that Barack Hussein Obama has just agreed to will really keep Iran from getting a nuclear bomb?
2. Does any person of normal intelligence anywhere trust the Islamic Republic of Iran to keep its word?
3. Has the Islamic Republic of Iran ever kept its word about any important subject?
4. Has the President of the United States ever signed a life or death agreement with a government whose leaders were shrieking “Death to America” as the ink was drying on the agreement?
5. The streets of Tehran were alive with revelers and merry makers on Tuesday night. The Iranians knew that they had won the war. Did you see anyone celebrating in the United States of America? Did you notice a somber, grim mood on the streets, as if we had just lost a war or gone through another 9/11? The Iranians won this war, without firing a shot except for blowing up the Marine barracks in Beirut, blowing up the USS Cole, blowing up the Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires and killing dozens of Argentine Jews, and funding the most vicious anti-American terrorism in Sadr City, Baghdad during the American occupation… well, let’s give up on that bit about not firing a shot…
The Iranians won the war because they have cojones and Messrs. Obama and Kerry have an oozing, distasteful loathing of the America that has showered its glories upon them instead of testes.
6. Has anyone in the Oval Office ever signed an agreement with a violently hostile power concerning life or death issues knowing for sure it will be voted down in Congress? Has any President ever promised to use his veto pen to protect the ability of a sworn enemy of the United States to get nuclear weapons or anything even remotely in that territory?
After the Union defeat at Bull Run in 1861, Horace Greeley wrote to Lincoln, “on every brow sits sullen, scorching, black despair…” We all feel that weight today.
July 14, 2015. A date that will live in infamy.
Notice to Readers: The American Spectator and Spectator World are marks used by independent publishing companies that are not affiliated in any way. If you are looking for The Spectator World please click on the following link: https://thespectator.com/world.