Although Obama has run his campaign almost completely as a reaction to the administration of one George W. Bush, the parallels between their campaigns are apparent.
1. Bush ran against eight years of bad judgment and personality failures of the previous administration. Obama is doing the same.
2. Bush ran as the one who could transcend partisan differences in Washington. So is Obama.
3. Bush faced concerns about his misspent youth. So has Obama.
4. Bush was believed to have done hard drugs. Obama has admitted it.
5. Bush picked Dick Cheney to reassure voters about experience on the ticket and foreign policy gravitas. What do you suppose Obama just did? Heres the International Herald Tribune:
Notice to Readers: The American Spectator and Spectator World are marks used by independent publishing companies that are not affiliated in any way. If you are looking for The Spectator World please click on the following link: https://thespectator.com/world.