I just sat through President Obama’s SOTU address. Aside from the fact that the Democrats didn’t seem to enjoy being there any more than the Republicans, the address begged a number of different questions. If I had an audience with President Obama here are twelve questions I might pose to him.
1. If the Taliban has been defeated in Afghanistan then why is your Administration seeking to negotiate with them?
2. If our economy is tied to unstable parts of the world then why reject the Keystone XL Pipeline? Is Canada an unfriendly nation?
3. If the policies of the Bush Administration left us saddled with debt how come your policies have nearly doubled the debt in just over three years?
4. You decry obstructionism by Republicans in the House of Representatives. Yet why haven’t you criticized the Democrat controlled Senate for not having passed a budget in over 1,000 days?
5. If you want the states to assume greater responsibility for education then why not abolish the Department of Education?
6. You claim that your administration has put more boots on the ground on our border with Mexico resulting in fewer illegal crossings. Isn’t it true that illegal immigration has declined primarily because of the recession?
7. Why do you want to put U.S. Navy in charge of supplying clean energy?
8. You declared there were to be “no bailouts, handouts or cop outs.” Wasn’t the stimulus little more than series of bailouts, handouts and cop outs?
9. You stated you wanted new regulations to prevent people who bundle campaign contributions to lobby Congress. Will they also be prevented from lobbying the White House?
10. You stated you wanted to lower the temperature in Washington. How does telling people Republicans want sicker people and dirtier air lower the temperature in Washington or anywhere else?
11. You claim your administration has united the world against Iran. If you have united the world againt Iran then how do you explain the continued opposition of Russia and China to tougher sanctions against the Iranian regime?
12. You claim your administration has closer military co-operation with Israel than ever before. So why did you cancel a joint military exercise with Israel after Iran threatened to close the Straits of Hormuz?
Notice to Readers: The American Spectator and Spectator World are marks used by independent publishing companies that are not affiliated in any way. If you are looking for The Spectator World please click on the following link: https://spectatorworld.com/.