Editor’s Note: What is the purpose of a speechwriter? Does he simply practice the mundane art of using “a pair of scissors and rolls of tape” or, in modern parlance, the art of copy and paste? William F. Gavin, one of President Nixon’s speechwriters, wrote in our May 1974 edition that the ideal writer gives […]
William F. Gavin
- Will ‘Opportunity’ or ‘Inequality’ Motivate Imminent Reforms?
- Always Do More of What the Media Forbids
- Defining Loyalty Down
- ‘Democracy in Chains’ Is So Wrong It’s Funny
- Who Is Colluding With Whom?
- Bedeviled, Bothered, and Bewildered in Minnesota