The novelty song “Istanbul not Constantinople,” written on the 500th anniversary of the fall of the eponymous city to the Ottoman Empire and re-popularized in the ’90s by They Might Be Giants, celebrates the Eastern Roman Empire best remembered for its labyrinthian — or “byzantine” — system of government. But Byzantium’s arcane and complex political system pales […]
Sasha Moss is a Technology Policy Manager at the R Street Institute.
- Progressives Whine about Obamacare Premiums
- Scoring Trump in Asia: A Few Hits and One Big Error
- Should The FBI Be Abolished?
- The High Stakes of Tax Reform
- No Victory Dance Yet for Trump After House Passes Tax Bill
- Whirlpool’s Dirty Laundry