BEIRUT — Many have worried that the Syrian conflict would spill over the border into Lebanon. Some would argue that it already has. The Sunni-Shiite conflict has threatened to engulf the Middle East, and is currently playing out most dramatically in Syria between the largely Alawite (and Shiite-aligned) Bashar al-Assad regime and the largely Sunni rebels. […]
Sam Sweeney is a writer based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Napolitano Deserves Boot Over Latest UC Scandal
- Down They Come: Mitch Landrieu’s Revenge
- Inquisitions and Tribunals on America’s Campuses
- What Ivanka Should Have Said Upon Being Booed in Germany
- Jeb! and the Fish
- Israel Is the Key to Solving the World’s Water Crisis