BEIRUT — Many have worried that the Syrian conflict would spill over the border into Lebanon. Some would argue that it already has. The Sunni-Shiite conflict has threatened to engulf the Middle East, and is currently playing out most dramatically in Syria between the largely Alawite (and Shiite-aligned) Bashar al-Assad regime and the largely Sunni rebels. […]
Sam Sweeney is a writer based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- GOP Should Help Dreamers (But Not This Week)
- Tax and Smoke and #MeToo Aggravation
- Democrats Using Same Strategy Republicans Tried in 2013
- The Media Normalizes the Unruly Left
- Dickie Durbin Does DACA
- The Donald’s First Year: Daily Demolition Derby