BEIRUT — Many have worried that the Syrian conflict would spill over the border into Lebanon. Some would argue that it already has. The Sunni-Shiite conflict has threatened to engulf the Middle East, and is currently playing out most dramatically in Syria between the largely Alawite (and Shiite-aligned) Bashar al-Assad regime and the largely Sunni rebels. […]
Sam Sweeney is a writer based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Will ‘Opportunity’ or ‘Inequality’ Motivate Imminent Reforms?
- Always Do More of What the Media Forbids
- Defining Loyalty Down
- ‘Democracy in Chains’ Is So Wrong It’s Funny
- Who Is Colluding With Whom?
- Bedeviled, Bothered, and Bewildered in Minnesota