BEIRUT — Many have worried that the Syrian conflict would spill over the border into Lebanon. Some would argue that it already has. The Sunni-Shiite conflict has threatened to engulf the Middle East, and is currently playing out most dramatically in Syria between the largely Alawite (and Shiite-aligned) Bashar al-Assad regime and the largely Sunni rebels. […]
Sam Sweeney is a writer based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- All of Obama’s Wiretappers
- When Bill Clinton Threatened to ‘End’ North Korea
- Hillary, Here Is What Happened
- Health Care Reformers Turn to Laboratories of Democracy
- Our Unmasterful National Security Advisor
- A Strategy for Coping With Islamic Terror