JAMES MADISON, to my knowledge, never played tackle football. I doubt he would have made the JV squad: a slim 5’4″, he lacked the taurine figure necessary even for a kicker on any self-respecting team (although his fellow convention delegate Gouverneur Morris—pre-1780—may well have been a first-round pick). Like many a specimen of unremarkable physical […]
Nina Friel is a senior in history at Villanova University.
- Turkey Walks Out of NATO Conference Over U.S. Freedom of Speech
- Graham-Cassidy Last, Best Hope for Obamacare Repeal
- It’s Leftward Ho — and No End in Sight
- Economic Development: The Joke’s on Us
- Saved by the Hurricane — How Do You Spell Islamic Relief?
- The Pivotal Battle of the Civil War