JAMES MADISON, to my knowledge, never played tackle football. I doubt he would have made the JV squad: a slim 5’4″, he lacked the taurine figure necessary even for a kicker on any self-respecting team (although his fellow convention delegate Gouverneur Morris—pre-1780—may well have been a first-round pick). Like many a specimen of unremarkable physical […]
Nina Friel is a senior in history at Villanova University.
- Capitol Hill Republicans — Starting With Paul Ryan — Need a Backbone
- Jeff Sessions Is Indeed on the Way Out
- Election Plot Undermines American Democracy
- On the Temple Mount Is Written the Future of Palestinians and Israelis
- The Left Against (Even) the Left
- East Texas’ Patent Star Chamber Is Down But Not Out