As I drive up I-85 from Charlotte, the gasping banking center’s gleaming buildings and New South atmosphere gradually fade from view, and cultural markers in the blue-collar town of Concord appear. Past the exit to NASCAR’s Charlotte Motor Speedway, and just past the site of the demolished Pillowtex textile mill, like a sentinel standing guard […]
Mike Tuggle is a writer in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Capitol Hill Republicans — Starting With Paul Ryan — Need a Backbone
- Jeff Sessions Is Indeed on the Way Out
- Election Plot Undermines American Democracy
- On the Temple Mount Is Written the Future of Palestinians and Israelis
- The Left Against (Even) the Left
- East Texas’ Patent Star Chamber Is Down But Not Out