As I drive up I-85 from Charlotte, the gasping banking center’s gleaming buildings and New South atmosphere gradually fade from view, and cultural markers in the blue-collar town of Concord appear. Past the exit to NASCAR’s Charlotte Motor Speedway, and just past the site of the demolished Pillowtex textile mill, like a sentinel standing guard […]
Mike Tuggle is a writer in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- The Papal Propagandist for Islam Heads to Egypt
- Hillary As Seen by Official Washington
- When the Rubber Hits the Road to Unobstructed School Choice
- Arizona’s Pricklish Use of Licensing Requirements
- Patent Trolls Don’t Care About the Law
- Why Trump Won Wisconsin