The Autobiography of Mark Twain: The Complete and Authoritative Edition, Volume 1 Edited by Harriet Elinor Smith et al. (University of California Press, 743 pages, $34.95) There’s something curiously unsatisfying about Mark Twain, something strangely incomplete about nearly all his books. We seem to end up enjoying him as a writer more than we actually […]
Joseph Bottum is a contributing editor to the Weekly Standard.
- The Papal Propagandist for Islam Heads to Egypt
- Hillary As Seen by Official Washington
- When the Rubber Hits the Road to Unobstructed School Choice
- Arizona’s Pricklish Use of Licensing Requirements
- Patent Trolls Don’t Care About the Law
- Why Trump Won Wisconsin