The Autobiography of Mark Twain: The Complete and Authoritative Edition, Volume 1 Edited by Harriet Elinor Smith et al. (University of California Press, 743 pages, $34.95) There’s something curiously unsatisfying about Mark Twain, something strangely incomplete about nearly all his books. We seem to end up enjoying him as a writer more than we actually […]
Joseph Bottum is a contributing editor to the Weekly Standard.
- None Dare Call It Politics: Anatomy of a Witch Hunt, Part 3
- The Reflexive Racism of the American Left
- Feeling Demoralized Lately?
- The Shock Factor: New Federal Report on ‘The Cost of Raising a Child’
- ‘Americans First,’ Not ‘America First’
- Figure Eight Diplomacy