After a conversation about politics, my grandmother and I used to say, “Isn’t it terrible how Republican we are? Aren’t we just hard-bitten, incorrigible Republicans? Isn’t it terrible?” Yes, it is. I am so Republican, I sometimes worry about myself. I never wanted to be a partisan (and I never wanted to be a Republican, […]
Jay Nordlinger is a senior editor of National Review.
- Will ‘Opportunity’ or ‘Inequality’ Motivate Imminent Reforms?
- Always Do More of What the Media Forbids
- Defining Loyalty Down
- ‘Democracy in Chains’ Is So Wrong It’s Funny
- Who Is Colluding With Whom?
- Bedeviled, Bothered, and Bewildered in Minnesota