After a conversation about politics, my grandmother and I used to say, “Isn’t it terrible how Republican we are? Aren’t we just hard-bitten, incorrigible Republicans? Isn’t it terrible?” Yes, it is. I am so Republican, I sometimes worry about myself. I never wanted to be a partisan (and I never wanted to be a Republican, […]
Jay Nordlinger is a senior editor of National Review.
- Republicans Go to Jail, Democrats Run Free
- Next Year in Jerusalem: Riyadh Is Not Mecca
- Trump’s Middle Eastern Tour
- Impeachment Pandemic
- A Tax Cut Will Boost Jobs and Growth: Is That Too Hard to Understand?
- A Scrap Yard Named Desire