Diary and Autobiographical Writings of Louisa Catherine Adams, Volumes 1 and 2Edited by Judith S. Graham, Beth Luey, Margaret A. Hogan, C. James Taylor(Belknap Press, 960 pages, $175) When, on a brisk November day in London, 1795, John Quincy Adams, then twenty-eight, came to call on the American Consul, Joshua Johnson, he entered the bustling home […]
Janet Tassel is a writer in the Boston area.
- All of Obama’s Wiretappers
- When Bill Clinton Threatened to ‘End’ North Korea
- Hillary, Here Is What Happened
- Health Care Reformers Turn to Laboratories of Democracy
- Our Unmasterful National Security Advisor
- A Strategy for Coping With Islamic Terror