The Beijing Consensus: How China’s Authoritarian Model Will Dominate the Twenty-First Century By Stefan Halper (Basic Books, 296 pages, $28.95) In his new book, The Beijing Consensus, international relations expert Stefan Halper argues that the mass appeal of China’s “market-authoritarianism” is undermining the West. What Halper calls the “China model,” which provides “rapid growth, stability, […]
Dan Blumenthal is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.
- Knives and Forks and Trash Attitudes
- Trump Steps on Message, Again, with Attorney General Comments
- What’s Wrong With These People?
- Special Counsel Reaches Down Russian Rabbit Holes
- Tony Blair Struts and Frets His Hour Upon the Stage to Frustrate the People’s Brexit
- The Rotting Big Apple