In a cramped Philadelphia classroom, newly minted teachers and recent college graduates were unpacking. Rather than focusing on their belongings, which were located a few miles away at Temple University, these new teachers were unpacking their privilege –their whiteness, heterosexuality, college education, wealth, and health. This exercise was part of Teach for America’s summer institute […]
Ben Van Horrick
Ben Van Horrick is a writer living in North Carolina.
- None Dare Call It Politics: Anatomy of a Witch Hunt, Part 3
- The Reflexive Racism of the American Left
- Feeling Demoralized Lately?
- The Shock Factor: New Federal Report on ‘The Cost of Raising a Child’
- ‘Americans First,’ Not ‘America First’
- Figure Eight Diplomacy