“He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad. And that was all his patrimony.” —Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche (1921) Juan José Padilla is tall for a matador, five foot ten inches on his stockinged feet in the ring, and saber-thin. His body is an interwoven mesh of scars: […]
Alexander Fiske-Harrison is a writer living in Spain.
- Sketchy Case Against Kavanaugh #MeToo’s Thermidor?
- Ronald Reagan’s Soulcraft
- Monsignor Rossi, Wuerl’s Gay Mafioso at the Basilica
- Celebrate Public Lands Day the Right Way
- The Tragedy of Mr. Rogers
- Steyer’s Renewable Mandate Would Punish Arizona’s Poor