“He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad. And that was all his patrimony.” —Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche (1921) Juan José Padilla is tall for a matador, five foot ten inches on his stockinged feet in the ring, and saber-thin. His body is an interwoven mesh of scars: […]
Alexander Fiske-Harrison is a writer living in Spain.
- None Dare Call It Politics: Anatomy of a Witch Hunt, Part 3
- The Reflexive Racism of the American Left
- Feeling Demoralized Lately?
- The Shock Factor: New Federal Report on ‘The Cost of Raising a Child’
- ‘Americans First,’ Not ‘America First’
- Figure Eight Diplomacy