1) More than 30,000 people sign a petition on the White House website with a simple request for President Obama: "Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016."
2) The White House responds:
• The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
• The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
• Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?