Today on the main site:
- Unscientific American, by William Tucker
- The Individual Mandate Slope, by Christopher Orlet
- Determined to Decline, by Peter Ferrara
- Lessons of the Fall, by Brandon Crocker
Comment of the day:
I never heard of "So We Might See" until today, so I can't comment on the specifics or the goals of this loose confederation.
But for those who would use the membership of the USCCB as a cudgel to bash the Roman Catholic Church, let me "enlighten" you with some facts.
The USCCB is comprised of the bishops of the U.S. And like too many of the dioceses in the country, they let lay "Catholics" or nuns do the grunt work of their committees and departments. This is where the liberalism comes from. Most of these nuns and lay faithful are in fact activists trying to change the Church from within.
Archbishop Chaput is a faithful Catholic bishop who takes his office as teacher of the Faith and shepherd of his flock seriously. I trust what he says.
Also, the Catholic Church is not a political organization, despite what some might think. The bishops of the USCCB will not care if Soros is involved if they think "So We Might See" can do some good works, i.e. do the work of the Gospel.
The USCCB is always looking to "dialog", which gets it in trouble sometimes. Mostly, due to the lay activists, who sometimes leak subcommittee draft reports to the media, who "report" that it came from USCCB.
So to compare this situation to "supporting" PlannedParenthood but not the abortions they execute, isn't even apples and oranges. It is like comparing apples and ... well ... abortions.
What to watch for:
- Pres. Obama will sign a new Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which will protect specifically victims of hate crimes who were targeted for their sexual preference. He will make a speech about it afterwards at 4:45pm (ET).
- The U.S is expected to face another debacle at the UN today over a disagreement regarding trade and tourism policies with Cuba.
- In tonight's season premiere of South Park, the Japanese will be killing whales and dolphins. The episode title? "Whale Whores."
Game of the day: