Today on the main site:
- Keynes' Uncertainty Principle, by Joseph Lawler.
- Capitalism: A Love Story, by James Bowman.
- Pelosi to Polanski to Jennings: Why Sean Hannity is Right by Jeffrey Lord
- Plus more.
Comment of the Day -- Monday, October 5th:
The EU is likely doomed to failure simply because it is an artificial construct. The member nations share no common language and it's unlikely that this could be forced on them by fiat. Also, the Euro, while doing well at the moment, could serve to hamstring the members that now see capitalism, instead of socialism, as the way forward. These intrepid Europeans could find themselves subsidizing nations with less will to strike out on the journey to prosperity. In any case, the common currency holds down nations that see a future in having a strong economy, which the European Parliament will undoubtedly work toward redistributing to lazier member states. We have yet to see what the actual benefits to the citizens of EU members are, although the imagined benefits are trumpeted loud and long
What to Watch For:
- Windows Mobile 6.5 arriving today
- House of Representatives will discuss Financial Services Industry in a Committee Hearing at 10AM. The agenda will be to "strengthen" investor protection and regulation.
- Game of the Day: Middle Tennesee at Troy, ESPN 7pm.