It's the 39th president's birthday, and what better way to celebrate Boy Wonder than to play a game!
The following quotes are from either Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter. Guess which one said it! Get one right, add a point. Get one wrong, lose a point. Record your score below in the comments.
- We must make it clear that a platform of 'I hate gay men and women' is not a way to become president of the United States.
- Egypt is an ally of the US, we know Egypt well.
- I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy.
- We live in a time of transition, an uneasy era.
- To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.
- I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A.
- What has happened at Guantanamo Bay ... does not represent the will of the American people
- Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future.
- Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself.
- I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.
- I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies.
- For the first time in the history of our country the majority of our people believe that the next five years will be worse than the past five years.
- Why can't I just eat my waffle?
- I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
- If you're totally illiterate and living on one dollar a day, the benefits of globalization never come to you.
- America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense human rights invented America.
- We cannot be both the world's leading champion of peace and the world's leading supplier of the weapons of war.
- The best way to enhance freedom in other lands is to demonstrate here that our democratic system is worthy of emulation.
- It is difficult for the common good to prevail against the intense concentration of those who have a special interest, especially if the decisions are made behind locked doors.
- My position has always been, along with many other people, that any differences be resolved in a nonviolent way.
- People make a big fuss over you when you're President. But I'm very serious about doing everything I can to make sure that it doesn't go to my head.
- I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.
- ...Because of the unwarranted invasion of Iraq by Bush and Blair, which was a completely unjust adventure based on misleading statements, and the lack of any effort to resolve the Palestinian issue, there is massive Islamic condemnation of the United States.
- I don't think that Israel has any legal or moral justification for their massive bombing of the entire nation of Lebanon.
- The Palestinian people must have the right to govern themselves and reach their potential in a sovereign and contiguous state.
- I think we could have established peace in the region if we had accepted and supported the people’s choice in Palestine. That is the lesson we have learnt... and Egypt’s choice should be given a chance.
- They know its very important to Egypt to maintain peace with Israel and I don’t have any doubt that they will carry out their promise to me.
ANSWERS (NO CHEATING)
Share this Article
Like this Article
Print this ArticlePrint Article