Aaron Worthing claims to have found 13 major factual errors regarding Constitutional matters in a recent Time anti-Constitution cover story by Richard Stengel. Here's the list:
- The Constitution does not limit the Federal Government.
- The Constitution is not law.
- The Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment emancipated the slaves.
- The Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment granted the right to vote to African Americans.
- The original Constitution declared that black people were to be counted as three-fifths of a person.
- That the original, unamended Constitution prohibited women from voting.
- Inter arma enim silent leges translates as "in time of war, the Constitution is silent."
- The War Powers Act allows the president to unilaterally wage war for sixty days.
- We have only declared war five times.
- Alexander Hamilton wanted a king for America.
- Social Security is a debt within the meaning of Section Four of the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Naturalization depends on your birth.
- The Obamacare mandate is a tax.
What were the folks at Time thinking? And why this attack on the Constitution -- what did it ever do to them?
Share this Article
Like this Article
Print this ArticlePrint Article