March 1, 2013 | 4 comments
February 12, 2013 | 0 comments
August 14, 2012 | 18 comments
August 12, 2012 | 16 comments
August 11, 2012 | 13 comments
Today’s rulings offer us a glimpse of what to expect when the Supreme Court rules on Obamacare.
1. The decision will come Thursday.
2. Anthony Kennedy, who has written eight decisions including today’s Arizona ruling, is unlikely to author this one.
3. Chief Justice John Roberts is therefore the likeliest author.
4. The Arizona ruling reminds us it is not impossible for Roberts and Kennedy to vote with the liberal bloc, or at least be closer to that bloc than to Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas or Samuel Alito.
5. Arizona could make it harder for Obama to run against a partisan Supreme Court if his health care law is struck down.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?