June 1, 2012 | 4 comments
November 2, 2011 | 7 comments
December 16, 2010 | 5 comments
December 13, 2010 | 10 comments
November 17, 2010 | 10 comments
Right now, Senator Norm Coleman still holds a (tiny) lead over
Franken (only 168 votes). But on the Star Tribune’s
blog, the Big Question, political reporter Bob von Sternberg does
recount math and describes a hypothetical scenario that has
Franken laughing all the way to the Senate:
Based on what the first-day totals of the Great Minnesota Recount hint at, the winner of the U.S. Senate race will/might/could be….Al Franken – by 12 votes, out of the nearly 2.9 million-ballots that were cast.
Here’s how the numbers work: Franken started the day Wednesday unofficially trailing Sen. Norm Coleman by 215 votes. By the end of the day, with 18 percent of the state’s votes counted, Franken had shaved that lead to 174 votes. If that pattern continues to hold in the remaining 82 percent of the precincts (admittedly a BIG if), Franken would pick up 227.7 votes. And that would leave him the winner, by 12.7 votes.
Point is, anything could happen, though this scenario does seem unlikely. But then, so did Franken running for Senate, much less a recount into late November.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?