Like millions of people, I watched the premiere of the final season of Downton Abbey. I would like to take a moment to share a few observations:
1. Mrs. Patmore should demand a raise for having to talk to Mr. Carson about sex at the request of Mrs. Hughes.
2. At first, I thought it a mistake for Mr. Crawley to pay off Lady Mary's blackmailer. But even Mary was impressed when he told her he only paid 50 quid. She even called her "Papa" Machiavellian. For Mary, that is a compliment.
3. Daisy did herself no favors with her outburst at the Darnley estate sale. It just goes to show what bad influences socialists like Ms. Bunting can be.
4. The police have assured Anna and Mr. Bates there will be further business regarding the death of Mr. Green. Yet I cannot help but feel an impending sense of doom.
5. Mary snipes at Edith. So what else is new? It's amazing to me that Mary cannot walk into a room without getting six marriage proposals while Edith can't leave a room without contracting a terminal disease. But in all honesty, if I was presented with the choice of Mary or Edith, I am an Edith man all the way and I don't care who knows.