Although Obama has run his campaign almost completely as a reaction to the administration of one George W. Bush, the parallels between their campaigns are apparent.
1. Bush ran against eight years of bad judgment and personality failures of the previous administration. Obama is doing the same.
2. Bush ran as the one who could transcend partisan differences in Washington. So is Obama.
3. Bush faced concerns about his misspent youth. So has Obama.
4. Bush was believed to have done hard drugs. Obama has admitted it.
5. Bush picked Dick Cheney to reassure voters about experience on the ticket and foreign policy gravitas. What do you suppose Obama just did? Heres the International Herald Tribune:
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?