1. West Beirut Liberation (read, terror by any other name) Conference, late March, 2006. Attending was Meshal of Hamas, Nasrallah of HizbAllah, also chiefs of PFLP General Command, Zarqawi’s now regional command, Moslem Brothers from Cairo, and deputies Syrian and Iranian Intelligence.
2. Two tracks: the public discussion was about political party formation on West Bank, in Egypt, in Iraq. The private discussion was what is to be done about Israel and the United States.
3. Critical resolution was that the defeat of Israeli occupation on the West Bank and in Southern Lebanon and in Syria (Shebaa Farms, Glan Heights) and the American occupation in Iraq is now considered the same struggle. One contest, with unified command structure.
4. No confirm of a follow on meeting in Tehran by Iranian and Syrian intel chiefs to sign off on proposals from West Beirut.
5. New SHILF: Supreme Headquarters Islamic Liberation Force, likely at Damascus. Syria will now go Jihad World to accomodate. Watch for al-Assads in full desert dress.
6. You bet they’re cocky.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?
H/T to National Review Online