1. Tehran believes that the US national security apparatus cannot deal with a foreign crisis in an election year.
2. Tehran believes that the US will exit Iraq with its tail tucked.
3. Tehran believes that the US will not fight for Israeli sovereignty in the territories.
4. Tehran believes that the Ahmadinejad regime can ride out the blitz in its bunkers and emerge the winner when the UN or the Vatican or Russia brokers a ceasefire.
5. Tehran believes that the Bush Administration has lost its ability to rally the US’s traditional allies.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?