Media Research Center 25th Gala a graphic reminder: media bias to cast Romney as loser.
(Page 5 of 6)
To drive home the point the other night, the last award was “The Worst Reporter in the History of Man.” The nominees were ex-CBS anchorman Dan Rather, ex-Today host Bryant Gumbel, current NBC anchor Brian Williams, and the perky Katie Couric, once of both NBC and CBS, where she co-anchored respectively the Today show and sat in Dan Rather’s old seat as the anchor of The CBS Evening News.
It was a tough competition — and this award was voted on by the MRC audience. Gumbel’s liberal propaganda was hysterical to watch. After repeatedly attacking Ronald Reagan, dismissing the allegations of sexual harassment against Bill Clinton (it would be hard, said Bryant, to determine exactly who was really being harassed — the women or Clinton), and lauding Jimmy Carter, Gumbel sat straight-faced and told the late Tim Russert of NBC that gee… why… no… of course he never let his bias show on the air!!! The MRC audience roared with laughter. But alas, even Gumbel’s liberal media shenanigans couldn’t catch up to the other two.
Dan Rather made it to the run-off based surely on his “news” story about those documents that “proved” George W. Bush had played fast and loose with his service in the Texas National Guard. The documents, recall, were ID’d as phonies… computer generated in an age when computers did not exist. Rather lost his job at CBS, sued CBS for $70 million, and lost.
Williams is shown gushing — absolutely gushing — over Bill Clinton. Then playing the sycophant to Barack Obama. One wonders how Williams can look himself in the mirror with on-camera performances like this.
But the winner by popular acclaim was Couric. (All the collected videos of Gumbel, Rather and Couric can be found here). There is our Katie gushing over Al Gore as a “movie star” and pounding President Obama with such hardball questions as — really — this:
“You’re so confident Mr. President, and so focused. Is your confidence ever shaken? Do you ever wake up and say ‘damn, this is hard’?”
The only possible reaction to this kind of “journalism” was sheer, hysterical laughter. The audience howled. Katie won the nod as the “Worst Reporter in the History of Man.”
What more is there to say?
There they were, the liberal media captured in all their glory. The stars past and present. The well-paid from ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN whose multi-million dollar salaries make them the certain 1%. (No Occupy Wall Streeters protesting them, are there? How strange.) All captured in vivid living color doing their damndest to indoctrinate the other 99% with liberal dogma.
All of which proves one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt.
The moment the debate concludes this week, Governor Romney will still be on-stage shaking the President’s hand when the liberal media will be pronouncing him the loser.
Which leads to the obvious question.
Why have these debates anymore in the first place?
The media deck, as they say, is stacked.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?