What did Huckabee know about planted call from Cumulus VP that attacked Rush Limbaugh?
(Page 2 of 6)
In fact, “Mike from San Francisco” turned out after some digging to be one Mike McVay, the senior vice president of programming for… wait for it… the Cumulus Media Network. None of which was acknowledged on the air by either “Mike from San Francisco” or, more to the point, Mike Huckabee.
After receiving several tips on this I contacted Mr. McVay himself, asking the following:
This is Jeff Lord from The American Spectator.
I have been told that in the debut of Governor Huckabee’s show today the first caller was “Mike from San Francisco.” The caller thanked Huckabee for his new format etc.
I have information that you were that caller…and failed to identify yourself to the audience as a Cumulus executive, nor did Governor Huckabee identify you.
In other words, Mike, you were a “plant”….not a real caller who really wanted to call in and talk to Governor Huckabee.
A few questions for my column tomorrow:
1. Was this in fact you as I have been told? My source has made a 100% positive ID.
2. If so, why did you not openly identify yourself as a Cumulus executive who has a stake in the success of the Huckabee show?
3. I will be listening to the show tonight, but have already learned the fact that the call-in phone number wasn’t given out until seconds before the call-in. Question: isn’t it disingenuous to think that the listeners would believe that this was a real call?
4. Did Governor Huckabee know this was you — and was he a participant in this?
5. Whose idea was this to have you call in? Yours? The Governor’s? Someone else from Cumulus? John or Lou Dickey?
6. Governor Huckabee has a good reputation for honesty. Doesn’t this kind of thing put both the Governor’s reputation and consequently the new show’s reputation at risk?
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?