Obama’s socialist fantasy shattered as Centennial birthday arrives.
(Page 3 of 5)
• “Are you willing to spend time studying the issues, making yourself aware, and then conveying that information to family and friends? Will you…realize that the doctor’s fight against socialized medicine is your fight? We can’t socialize the doctors without socializing the patients.”
• “There can be no security anywhere in the free world if there is no fiscal and economic stability within the United States.”
• ”Those who ask us to trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state are architects of a policy of accommodation.”
• “The weakness in this country for too many years has been our insistence on …carving an ever-increasing number of slices from a shrinking economic pie. Our policies have concentrated on rationing scarcity rather than creating plenty. As a result, our economy has stagnated. But those days are ending.”
• ”Rebuilding prosperity…is the true meaning of fairness and compassion.”
• ”When the liberals say ‘family’ they mean ‘Big Brother in Washington.’ When we say ‘family’ we mean ‘honor thy mother and father.’”
• “I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing.”
• “It’s time to realize that profit, property and freedom are indispensable. You cannot have any one of them without the others.”
• “America’s prosperity was not a gift from the government or anyone else. Free enterprise, not government, is the source from which our blessings flow.”
• “If you want to know which way to go in the future, you have to know which path you took in the past and where you stepped in a gopher hole along the way.”
• ”Government does not produce revenue, it consumes it.”
• “We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough: we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much.”
• “Presidents come and go. History comes and goes. But principles endure.”
• “Those who preach the supremacy of the state will be remembered for the sufferings their delusions caused their peoples.”
• “We can leave our children with an un-repayable massive debt and a shattered economy, or we can leave them liberty in a land where every individual has the opportunity to be whatever God intended us to be. All it takes is a little common sense and recognition of our own ability.”
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?