Media ignores; Candidate’s allies link themselves to Hamas, Hezbollah, Marxism supporters.
(Page 3 of 5)
There’s more. The Coons 12 have also spent their last Saturday palling around the Mall and its monuments to Lincoln, Washington and World War II veterans with another fellow co-sponsor of this just-us-folks rally. That would be:
• THE COMMUNIST PARTY USA: You read that right. The Coons 12 quite happily signed on to join up at a rally co-sponsored by the Communist Party. Say that again, the Communist Party. Communists — the charming folks whose equally charming beliefs led to a reign of “crimes, terror and repression” resulting in some 100 million deaths between the Russian revolution in 1917 and the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989. This according to The Black Book of Communism, the international bestseller from a few years back whose authors spent considerable time digging into the bowels of recently opened Soviet archives. The archives revealed crimes committed by Communist regimes that included — but were hardly limited — to the following:
- “The execution of tens of thousands of hostages and prisoners without trial, and the murder of hundreds of thousands of rebellious workers and (Russian) peasants from 1918-1922.”
- “The (deliberately organized Russian) famine of 1922, which caused the deaths of 5 million people.”
- “The murder of tens of thousands in (Russian) concentration camps from 1918 to 1930.”
- “The liquidation of almost 690,000 people in the (Russian) Great Purge of 1937-38.”
- “The deportation and extermination of the urban population in Cambodia from 1975 to 1978.”
The book also says that: “No list of the crimes committed in the names of Leninism and Stalinism would be complete without mentioning the virtually identical crimes committed by the regimes of Mao Zedong (in China) Kim Il Sung (in North Korea) and Pol Pot (Cambodia.)” According to the New York Times, after “exterminating hundreds of thousands” of landlords Mao’s regime mass murdered — just between 1959 and 1961 — some 16 to 30 million Chinese peasants.
But over at the Communist Party USA website you won’t find this kind of information discussed by the quite public ally of the Coons 12. No. What you will find are discussions with titles like “The importance of electing pro-Marxists” in which the Young Communist study guide says: “we need people who are in government that are going to represent our demands.” Then there’s the talk about “Marxist Strategy and Tactics: Moving the Struggle Forward” and “When Will America Be Ripe for Socialism?” This question is answered here and ends with this warning to capitalism: “Repent, for the end is near.” Did I forget the laudatory hymns to Castro, Hugo Chavez and Che Guevara?
Then there’s this interesting group that signed up as an ally with Chris Coons’ friends:
• INTERNATIONAL SOCIALIST ORGANIZATION: These folks? Ah, the Coons 12 has linked itself up in this case with revolutionaries who believe in replacing capitalism with socialism. A trip to their website and you may behold the spirit of the clenched Red fist enthusing about Marx, Lenin, and the need to rid the world of capitalism.
• DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS OF AMERICA: These people believe that the best means to their socialist ends is, and this is a direct quote here, “…in Democratic Party primaries in support of candidates who represent a broad progressive coalition. In such instances, democratic socialists will support coalitional campaigns based on labor, women, people of color and other potentially anti-corporate elements… Electoral tactics are only a means for democratic socialists; the building of a powerful anti-corporate coalition is the end.” But of course. Getting rid of capitalism. Just the agenda for supporters of the self-described “Bearded Marxist.”
• COLOR OF CHANGE.ORG: This ring a bell? Yes indeed, this is the self-same group co-founded by now ex-Obama White House “Green Jobs Czar” Van Jones — the self-described Communist and Truther. Enough said.
So what do we have here?
First, does anyone still believe the Coons 12 are supporting Chris Coons because they think the candidate famously self-described as the “Bearded Marxist” was really joking about his views?
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?
H/T to National Review Online