Creation of Gore and Obama turns on Bayh, Kennedy, Dodd, Dorgan. Air America breathes its last.
(Page 2 of 2)
• The Christmas Day underwear bomber, an Al Qaeda emissary from Nigeria, is arrested and given his Miranda warning — after a bare 50 minutes of talk.
Already angry, the American public has reached its limit. Fearing no longer, they turn the tables on the monster. In the 1931 film, the angry villagers finally turned on Frankenstein, grabbing their torchlights and pitchforks in this memorable scene.
In the political world of 2010 America, angry voters have turned on Gorbamastein in several ways.
• In the health care debate, voters responded to a Gorbamastein appearance in Pennsylvania with a similarly passionate response not unlike the Frankenstein film, albeit minus the torchlights and pitchforks.
• In Massachusetts, they responded to the Gorbamastein appearance by electing Scott Brown.
• In Connecticut bad polls drove Gorbamastein (appearing as Senator Chris Dodd) from his race for re-election. In Rhode Island, no less than Gorbamastein Congressman Patrick Kennedy was chased out of his re-election race, as was North Dakota Gorbamastein Byron Dorgan sent fleeing from his. Perhaps seeing the torches coming, Indiana Senator Evan Bayh just gave up his re-election, despite what his staffers said was a 20-point lead in the polls. A lead, it should be said, that was at least 10% less than that of Martha Coakley as she began her epic match with the unknown Scott Brown in the infinitely bluer-than-Indiana Massachusetts.
• New Yorkers have forced the Gorbamastein terror trials out of their city — making certain that the Gorbamastein monster that was willing to treat the 9/11 monster as just one more average American burglar was run out of the city altogether.
• Up and down the East Coast, the credibility of the Gorbamastein global warming policies demanding a massive growth of government control because, among other things, we weren’t getting enough snow, was done in by repeated blizzards. Which caused the environmental Gorbamastein to float the argument that snowstorms are caused by global warming as well, giving the monster points for scientific elasticity if nothing else. Perhaps it’s no coincidence that the credibility of the Gorbamastein mindset was being put to a picturesque test in a December snowstorm that blanketed Massachusetts just as Scott Brown’s pickup truck began a four-wheel drive to victory. The same reminder was dumped on New Jersey and Virginia as they prepared to inaugurate governors elected in a rebuke to the monster. And a further reminder was delivered up and down the East Coast, including Pennsylvania, where Arlen Specter trails in the polls in his snowbound state, when he’s not spending his time in a now very nervous and equally snowbound Washington, D.C.
• In the media, the all-Gorbamastein-all-the time cable network of MSNBC is getting thrashed by Fox News in the ratings, as Bill O’Reilly has gleefully pointed out, while CNN’s Gorbmamastein sympathies have made its once glorious life as the king of cable-news miserable. Air America, the great left-wing hope in the world of talk radio, Frankenstein-like, was finally cornered by the free market crowd, the monster chased into oblivion.
Throughout all this, a picture of desperation is increasingly drawn by Democrats. Having enthusiastically participated in the creation of this monster, they can’t seem to get away from public recognition of their responsibility in its creation quite fast enough. Out of control, the monster is wrecking what once appeared to be some of the most enduring political careers in Washington, from Dodd to Dorgan to Kennedy and now to Bayh.
That would appear to include the presidential career of one of the Gorbamastein monster’s prime creators- Barack Obama himself. Rasmussen now reports only 24% — 24%!! — of the nation’s voters strongly approve of Obama’s presidential performance.
“Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!” shrieked a rapturous Dr. Frankenstein as he watched his beloved creature stir, coming to life after a jolt from a powerful bolt of electricity. It is a sentiment that seemed everywhere in Obama circles as The One and his assistants gazed at the monster they were about to jolt to life last January in a burst of euphoria.
Now, as the Gorbamastein monster they created runs amuck, destroying both their careers and credibility, rueful Democrats may wish to remember another line from Frankenstein, this one in a frantic warning to the good doctor:
“You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!”
The torches are lit.
And the villagers are coming.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?