For terrible transparency. Name-calling free speech advocates. Hillary’s formidable, but not to other nations. Plus more.
TRANSPARENT IN ITS FRAUD
Re: George Neumayr’s AnotherSham.gov:
A friend of mine who patrols E-bay bulletin boards has recently been seeing a lot of conversations like the following:
Person A: When will I be able to get free medical care?
Person B: Be patient. President Obama promised it would be available soon.
Person A: I hope so. I need a lot of care.
Hang on to your wallets. It’s going to be an impoverishing ride
into the indefinite future.
— David Govett
I’m glad Mr. Neumayr put the word “tyranny” up there in bright lights. Now I would be very grateful if someone would please confirm the following.
1. Neither socialism nor communism can take root in a capitalist economy which is thriving. I’m not a Marxist, but Obama is reputed to be one, yet I know that. Surely he does.
2. Saul Alinsky taught that radicals cannot bring about change unless they first either find or create discontent. I’m not a disciple of Alinsky, but Obama is reputed to be one, yet I know that. Surely he does.
3. Not a hundred days into his administration, and Obama has already taken huge steps toward wrecking the American economy (and China will soon own our government).
4. Not a hundred days into his administration, and Obama has already begun to nationalize our most fundamental capitalist systems — banking in several aspects, and our most important industry, the automobile industry (which means control over the thousands of industries that depend on it).
5. Not a hundred days into his administration, and Obama has already begun to remove or weaken important elements of our democratic form of government, starting with the basis for all of them — voting.
6. Obama has put us on a path which will be very hard to reverse. WARNING! Tyranny Ahead!
If I’m right, our future looks very grim.
— A. C. Santore
A local newscaster recently, in an orgiastic outburst of fervent support for President Obama, called the stimulus bill a “transformative” piece of legislation.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?
H/T to National Review Online