Obama’s assault on Social Security. Take it Bachmann. Weather outlook: authoritarian. PETA and the Bear. Plus more.
CRADLE TO THE GRAVE
Re: Philip Klein’s It’s A Raid!
Despite any protests to the contrary, this is cradle-to-grave
— Stan Welli
I return from an eco-tour of Central America to find the election over and Barack Obama installed as our new president! At first I was quite sure one of my predictions for the future had come true: that a scheduled presidential election would not be held. But as I have since learned the Republicans have ceded this one to the socialists.
So let me make my predictions for the next four years based on an Obama presidency.
1. A weapon of mass destruction will be detonated in one or more of our larger cities killing hundreds of thousands of citizens.
2. The Dow Jones will dip significantly below 5000.
3. Social Security payments will be cut off for people with retirement incomes of approximately $40,000 plus.
4. Public transportation will be required in cities. No cars allowed.
5. Freedom of speech will be severely restricted — the so called fairness doctrine will be re-enacted by Congress as the first step.
6. The cost of medical care will skyrocket and the quality will plummet.
7. To keep track of us, an internal passport will be instituted and required to register in hotels, or to travel. All illegal aliens will be granted amnesty; registered democrat; and given the entitlements we had to work to provide for the lame and lazy; welfare, social security, medical care, food stamps etc.
8. The number of people living in poverty will increase by 15%
9. Unemployment will rise to 11%.
10. The rights conferred by the second amendment will be extinguished.
A man of faith in a godless age is hitting Americans where it hurts.
Mr. and Mrs. American Spectator Reader, let P.J. O’Rourke talk sense to your kids.
In Britain, defending your property can get you life.
The debacle of this president’s administration is both a cause and a symptom of the decline of American values. Unless Congress impeaches him, that decline will go on unchecked. An eminent jurist surveys the damage and assesses the chances for the recovery of our culture.
It won’t take long for conservatives to scratch this presidential wannabe off their 2008 scorecard.
The American Christmas, like the songs that celebrate it, makes room for everybody under the rainbow. Is that why so many people seem to be hostile to it?
Was the President done in by the economy, or by the politics of the economy?